A well established financial services firm offering Community and Small Business Banking and Lending products and services is seeking a VP, Risk Management Officer; responsible for the oversight and management of Compliance, Audit, Vendor and Enterprise Risk.
• Develop, implement and monitor an effective Enterprise Risk Management program for the firm.
• Work with senior managers, stakeholders and vendors to achieve the firm’s strategic goals; while assessing and evaluating the risks, risk tolerances and risk mitigations.
• Oversee and serve as liaison for the internal and external audit function; monitoring and reporting audit results, reports and findings.
• Provide oversight and guidance to the Compliance Department, in order to facilitate an effective and accurate program ensuring compliance with all applicable Rules and Regulations of all appropriate governing bodies.
• Manage and evaluate job performances and appraisals of all subordinates and staff members; and assist with the development and operation of the department’s annual budget.
• Operating as a federally insured non profit Credit Union, familiarity and experience with all applicable Rules, Regulations and Statutes of appropriate governing bodies is required. These include Credit Union Bylaws and Statutes of the NCUA, Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Lending Act, Fair Housing Act and Fair Credit Reporting.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
• 5-7 years’ experience at a financial institution; in an operations, audit, or compliance capacity
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to work professionally with a variety of staff, executive management and outside vendors
• Minimum of 4-5 years of managerial experience
• Proficiency with PC applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
212-997-3169 / firstname.lastname@example.org