Zoomies help the world connect — and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure – revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture of delivering happiness makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
Internal Audit is seeking an experienced Manager who can lead value-add financial and operational audits, participate in the risk assessment process, conduct investigations, build relationships with senior leaders, and assist in the facilitation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance across Zoom. This is a high-visibility opportunity where you can make measurable improvements throughout a dynamic company.
The successful candidate will be able to dive deep into each audit area, apply broad technical knowledge, sound business judgment, and partner with key stakeholders. You must be able to understand complex business processes and system workflows, identify the full range of risks related to those processes and systems, and help guide business owners in defining best practices and effective value-added risk mitigation plans.
You must be an excellent writer who can succinctly communicate complicated technical and operational issues in business terms. You must be comfortable performing as both an individual contributor and a teammate that can collaborate cross-functionally within Zoom. You must be a strong project manager who can manage end-to-end audit projects and borrowed resources, often managing multiple projects at once. You are expected to stay abreast of business trends and emerging technology and understand the role of data analytics in a successful function.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Audit and is based in San Jose, CA. Candidate must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (when applicable).
- Manage projects within a team of Internal Audit professionals, demonstrate outstanding leadership capabilities, share your ideas and perspectives with the team, and help us continue to improve.
- Lead the execution of enterprise risk assessment interviews, operational and financial audits, and conduct investigations as needed.
- Contribute to the development of the strategy for our Internal Audit program along with the Head of Internal Audit and Sr. Managers. Work together with the team to develop the annual Internal Audit and SOX testing plans.
- Drive the preparation of Audit Committee materials.
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the Company; maintain on-going and constant communications with stakeholders to discuss risks and compliance, make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, and create a framework to monitor management’s response and implementation of recommendations.
- Advise business functions in assessing risks, develop governance models, and evaluate the compliance impacts of employing new technologies including advanced data analytics and robotic process automation. Support a continuous evaluation over how these technologies can be applied within IA.
- Support our annual SOX internal control assessment process. Work closely with our internal stakeholders and external auditors to ensure the testing is performed timely and effectively.
- Monitor industry and regulatory (SEC, PCAOB, IFRS) developments and develop recommendations for policy, process, system, and internal control improvements. Partner with our business functions to provide thought leadership and guidance to support their operational, regulatory and compliance obligations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; or relevant MBA
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a Big Four firm or with a large global public company in audit and/or operations
- Recognized professional certification(s) (CPA/CA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, with a focus on revenue recognition
- Proven project management, organizational, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to build relationships across all functions within the company; nationally and internationally
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal that demonstrate high business acumen
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment experiencing rapid growth and change, with an ability to navigate and lead through ambiguity
- Ability to gather, analyze, and articulate facts and to prepare and present concise, detailed, and clear oral and written reports
- Demonstrate a strong desire to creatively identify root causes and recommendations to minimize business risks and improve business processes and technologies
- Experience in working with data analytics (i.e. Alteryx, ACL, Tableau, etc.), and other emerging technologies like robotic process automation and machine learning is highly desired
- Experience working with SOX control frameworks, especially with technology and/or SaaS companies is preferred
- Working knowledge of control principles (e.g. COSO), financial and operational processes, risks and risk management, and IT general controls
- Forensic audit experience is a nice to have, but definite plus