What you’ll do…
Imagine a position that allows you to apply your trusted legal expertise while working alongside the world’s largest retailer. Imagine an opportunity where your knowledge takes you beyond the courtroom and positions you as a trusted business advisor. At Walmart, our Global Investigations team drives strategy while empowering the organization to make informed decisions that align to enterprise objectives. As a member of our Global Investigations team, you’ll make decisions rooted in an understanding of day-to-day operations, industry protocols and overarching goals that are intended to cultivate our bottom-line while fostering relationships and adhering to regulatory compliance standards.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy solving problems and working collaboratively toward a solution, you’ll find that being a part of our Global Governance organization is a move that brings with it tremendous growth potential and exciting new challenges. The most exciting part? You’ll likely find yourself in a place you never envisioned your law degree would take you. Check out the exciting opportunity we have available below:
You’ll make an impact by:
- Reviewing and evaluating enterprise risk resulting from significant violations of our standards of conduct, including violations of law and regulations globally, and determining the appropriate resources needed to investigate a matter
- Identifying wrongdoing, risk, and control or policy gaps that then are the basis of administering effective accountability and remediation plans, you will be part of a robust internal investigations program, which is critical to fostering trust and strengthening relationships with associates, vendors, investors, and customers, and supports Walmart’s reputation as a good corporate citizen
- Case managing and coordinating with internal groups for investigation of significant allegations of misconduct, including corruption/bribery (FCPA/UK Bribery Act), fraud, money laundering, antitrust, financial integrity, conflicts of interest, discrimination/harassment and other sensitive matters.
- Providing guidance and support to business leaders on accountability and remediation.
- Collaborating with officer-level clients by providing investigative findings, identifying significant risks and areas for remediation, to allow the client to make informed decisions and develop mitigation strategies
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have substantial legal experience, preferably prosecutorial experience and/or experience working with law enforcement/regulators
- You have a proven track record of leading internal investigations in an in-house capacity or with a law firm
- You have extensive experience evaluating and assessing risk
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Law degree from an accredited law school and 5 years’ experience in law.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.