If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations – and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
At Microsoft’s Americas Operations Center we have a passion for customers, partners, and technology. The Transact Services Team sits within Microsoft Business Operations (MBO) and is responsible for successful and compliant processing of transactions and fulfilment of customer obligations for our most strategic accounts.
The Risk Manager is responsible for detecting and mitigating risk by driving transparency and adherence to SOX and policy controls for the Microsoft Commercial & Cloud businesses within the Regional Operations Centers (ROCs). Further, the role will be accountable for driving compliance excellence through the identification of risks, creation of solutions, and process enhancements. You will be joining a fast-paced team that is focused on results, works together to solve problems, and is committed to developing people.
We are seeking a passionate professional with experience in risk and compliance management, regulatory controls, and policy management to join our team. The Risk Manager is a critical role as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert in transactional risk management. The focus of this role is specifically related to compliance, policy & risk monitoring of the ROC transactional engine for the Commercial business.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working within a highly matrixed multinational organization, exhibit solid organizational, communication, judgement, and negotiation skills, and has a strong customer obsession mindset rooted in compliance.
- SOX Controls: Partner with Finance teams to ensure SOX Continuous Monitoring controls are adhered to, driving Correction of Error (COE) for all compliance findings discovered through audits/continuous monitoring.
- Control Run & Optimize: Provide ongoing support of operations anti-corruption controls, testing and sign-off for data management and trade controls, and provide continuous maintenance to existing controls.
- Control Design & Build: Work with various teams to design, build and implement new controls to support new transactional business models including Commercial, Strategic Ventures, and Custom/Manual billing teams.
- Policy Exceptions: Collaborate and maintain the oversight of scoped program, policy, and exception processes in relationship to transactional and field support.
- Internal SOX Audit Readiness & Success: Support activities and readiness with internal and external auditors to prepare and execute all audits to achieve successful and green audits.
- Transactional & Deal Compliance: Escalation point for identified stakeholder base to assess and review proposed options to de-risk transactions to ensure the solution adheres to internal controls. Assess and execute exception resolution and override for edge case scenarios.
- Privacy/Anti-Corruption/Fraud: Responsibility for investigating all privacy, fraud, and anticorruption incidents within the transactional engine. Report the incident via formalized processes and quantify the impact to appropriate stakeholders and legal teams to identify mitigation.
- Business Continuity Management (BCM): In partnership with the BCM site lead and Corp, provide insight and consultation to ensure SOX controls can be executed and maintained during a BCM event for the transactional scope.
- Compliance Assessments for Launch: Support compliance related assessments for launches in partnership with launch teams and various stakeholder groups.
- Control Environment SME: Be a subject-matter expert for our transactional engine to provide strong guidance, SME level knowledge for both systemic and policy related oversight.
- Process Improvements: Drive continuous process improvements via analysis and identification of opportunities with a global consideration.
- Reporting: Leverage reporting and analytics to manage control environments.
- Communication: Communicate and influence across all levels, including senior management.
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Deep understanding the Microsoft Sales Process (or similar industry sales process) and associated transactional motions
- Continuous Process Improvement Mindset
- Successful collaboration with Senior Business Stakeholders
- Strong understanding of current MS Commercial processes including documents, systems, and organizations
- Adept in Process Design and Execution
- A Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in risk management, compliance, regulatory or other governance and control related roles
- Experience in deal and transactional risk management, legal/regulatory controls, policy & enforcement
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical problem solving, with strong judgement to make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Experience working in a fast-paced international environment, managing stakeholders, processes and collaborating with diverse teams across multiple time zones and cultures for shared outcomes
- Demonstrated change & project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities (open, confident communicator effective in senior levels of engagement)
- Working knowledge of international business practices
- Able to work in a pressured environment to tight deadlines when required
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Excellent communication skills with ability build relationships and influence individuals at all levels
- Familiarity with Volume Licensing business model
- Proven ability to independently and effectively create solutions that can be globally implemented and ability to influence others in their adoption
- Challenge Status-quo (Growth-Mindset)
- Broad working knowledge of Microsoft including business groups, segment and support functions including multiple channels and business groups
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.