Amazon’s Pharmacy Compliance team is seeking a Risk and Compliance Auditor to help our facilities maintain a high bar of compliance and operational excellence as we rapidly grow, scale, and innovate and ultimately help make Amazon Pharmacy the most customer-centric pharmacy on Earth.
The Team: Amazon Pharmacy is a relatively new part of Amazon and our Compliance and Audit team are growing rapidly along with the business. Pharmacy is a highly regulated industry and compliance impacts nearly all teams and business operations. The Amazon Pharmacy audit team has the unique ability to see broadly across the org and make a significant impact to ensure safety, efficiency, and compliance. We work with our stakeholders to evaluate existing processes and help design new processes that are aligned with federal, state and internal requirements including FDA, DEA, Board of Pharmacy, Accreditation, Federal and State Regulatory and Amazon’s own Code of Conduct and other enterprise policies.
The Role: The Amazon Pharmacy Risk and Compliance Auditor will be responsible for independently conducting audits across Amazon Pharmacy business areas including on-site audits (up to 40% domestic travel required). Audits will require strong working relationships with stakeholders, careful review of audited areas, and thorough evidence and documentation. You will also be responsible for creating written audit reports summarizing results as well as presenting results to stakeholders and leadership teams. Audit work will also require some project management to help teams create and implement controls and risk mitigation strategies. In addition to these fundamental responsibilities, you should feel comfortable taking on new compliance-related tasks including risk assessment, creating new audit programs, and finding ways to invent and simplify our team’s processes to make us as efficient and effective as possible.
What we expect from you: To succeed in this role, you should be a self-motivated individual interested in the pharmacy business. You will need to be able to work both independently and collaboratively and excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Your audits will span across many areas so you must also be comfortable building strong working relationships, communicating across teams (including legal, HR, tech, compliance and operations) and be able to manage your time and energies to focus on simultaneous and diverse tasks. Excellent communication skills are also key to this role in everything from formal reports and presentations to ad hoc communications with stakeholders and the Compliance team.
What you can expect from us: From this role, you will have the opportunity to help build out a growing Amazon team. You will be joining a motivated group with a startup mentality that is eager to expand our business and improve the pharmacy experience for our customers. There are endless opportunities to own projects, innovate, and make a visible impact in the company and we are passionate about helping our team be successful and advance in their career.
· Collaborate with Compliance, Legal, Operations, and Technical stakeholders to implement audit processes to reduce risk and ensure regulatory compliance.
· Perform regular and ad hoc audits and analyses across the Amazon Pharmacy organization
· Aggregate audit evidence and data to support audit work
· Present audit results to stakeholders in formal reports and presentations
· Manage, track, and report risk remediation efforts
· Contribute to risk assessment process through collaboration with stakeholders to learn about business processes
· Engage in continuous innovation of audit processes to maintain efficiency, functionality and scalability
· Conduct on-site training and education related to key audit findings
· Promote a culture of compliance across the organization
This person can also sit in Salt Lake City, UT, Boston, MA, Austin, TX, Miami, FL, or Manchester, NH.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or related field.
· 2+ years experience in compliance, pharmacy or risk management role
· Available to travel up to 40% (Domestic)
· Understanding of Pharmacy operations
· Familiarity with regulations governing the Pharmacy industry
· Experience conducting audits
· Demonstrated ability to identify risk
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Detail oriented and organized
· Comfortable running meetings with stakeholders and the internal risk team
· Experience analyzing and presenting data-based conclusions
· Aptitude for building strong working relationships
· Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision