Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) is looking for a Privacy Manager in the Privacy Office, Governance group who will be responsible for providing comprehensive oversight, advisory and risk management services to internal stakeholders within the bank. The successful candidate for this position is proficient in controls testing, developing KPIs and metrics, and building reports. Building out the framework for delivering the message of governance by developing and maintaining the metrics reporting process for the Privacy Office, including the distribution of reporting to executive management, will be a key component of this role.
The Privacy Manager will conduct gap analysis of privacy controls and operational processes and write up control assessments based on the findings. This role will identify risks to personal data and recommend mitigation techniques through effective tools, training and guidance. The role will develop guidelines and processes for appropriate processing of personal data.
This individual will be responsible to align privacy procedures and practices to regulatory compliance requirements. The Privacy Manager will also collaborate with the compliance and risk departments and liaise with the security office, on a regular basis. The individual will work with internal audit on observations, and drive internal groups to close audit observations.
This individual will be responsible for maintaining privacy program documentation including privacy standards, procedures, privacy notices, and evidence of adherence to privacy controls. The candidate will also be responsible for developing and delivering privacy awareness training to various business units.
- B.A. or B.S degree
- 2-5+ years working in Data Privacy domain with experience working in a regulated industry or consulting on privacy matters
- One or more professional certifications related to privacy such as Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or equivalent (or willingness to obtain within six months)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Excel, pivot tables, reporting tools
- Ability to research and synthesize laws and regulations
- Understanding of US, European and other international data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR preferable
- Experience in compliance, risk, legal, data or project fields preferable
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills