Visit WeCruiter.jobs to search through millions of job listings from thousands of top companies.
Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
The Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance Specialist performs a variety of tasks to support the Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance function within Apple. As a Specialist on this team your primary responsibility will be to process and respond to requests for assistance on emergencies. You will also be responsible for processing and responding to requests, subpoenas, court orders and search warrants received from law enforcement agencies seeking access to customer information.
- Strong understanding and handling of sensitive information and privacy protection.
- Ability to analyze and process emergency and legal process documents and requests within departmental operating procedures.
- Strong technical proficiency with ability to work effectively across multiple applications and databases and observe high levels of data accuracy and attention to detail in daily work management.
- Investigatory process experience, able to work independently with impeccable judgment.
- Good analysis and decision-making capability with ability to reliably recognize non-standard and emergency requests and escalate accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal and clear communication skills with ability to take the necessary initiative to resolve request-conflict issues.
- Prior experience responding to legal requests from law enforcement agencies and consumers preferred.
- Strong work ethic and exceptional partnering skills.
- Ability to perform in an information sensitive environment and manage work activities within strict Data Protection, Privacy, and Security protocols.
The Specialist performs legal and specialist tasks within the Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance team and identifies and escalates non-standard and emergency requests appropriately. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, reliable, and possess the ability to resolve emergency and standard request issues in an effective and efficient manner. Legal Specialists generally perform the key role tasks, but will also be required to support other tasks as needed.
Key Role Tasks
- Reviewing, scrutinizing and responding to emergency requests received from law enforcement agencies for customer information within established procedures.
- Participate in on-call emergency requests after-hours, on weekends, and holidays.
- Reviewing and responding to large volume of time-sensitive standard requests received from law enforcement agencies for customer information which are handled in strict accordance with applicable law, our terms of service, and our law enforcement guidelines, and determining when to escalate non-standard requests.
- Researching relevant internal systems and retrieving appropriate information to include in emergency and standard-level responses.
- Assisting with the development of reports and presentations about the operational area and providing administrative support as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Ideally a Bachelor’s Degree and a Paralegal Certificate or equivalent/higher.