Our client is an industry leader in providing coding, printing, and marking solutions on a global scale and part of a global family of companies owned by a Fortune 500 innovative science & technology organization. We are working with them on a Manufacturing Engineering & Quality Engineering Manager opening to be based in the Chicago metro.
Our client is looking for someone to lead both their Manufacturing & Quality Engineering teams. We are seeking someone who has a desire to move into higher level roles down the road like Operations Director, Plant Manager, or Value Stream Director. More of the focus will be on the Manufacturing Engineering side to help them drive CI projects and Kaizen events. The Quality team has their own Supervisor so the quality side will be more strategic than tactical. This role offers a strong base salary, annual bonus, comprehensive benefit package, and an organizational commitment to providing advancement opportunities to their employees.
Manufacturing Engineering & Quality Engineering Manager Responsibilities
- Lead all aspects of the Quality & Manufacturing Engineering teams to achieve world class levels of product quality and manufacturing processes.
- Drive a culture of Continuous Improvement by leveraging tools including Daily Management, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, TPI, and Standard Work.
- Lead Lean Manufacturing efforts to improve standard work efficiency and improving quality.
- Improve quality management tools such as 8D, DMAIC, SPC, DFMEA, Control Plans, Error Proofing, PFMEA, and corrective action.
- Ensure compliance of the Quality program with ISO standards as well as all company & customer specifications.
- Provide oversight to kaizens to verify results are sustainable long-term.
Manufacturing Engineering & Quality Engineering Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management, or a related field is required.
- Any Master’s degree, Six Sigma certifications, or ASQ certifications is highly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience leading manufacturing and/or quality teams within a production environment.
- Demonstrable success in leading Lean or Six Sigma tool & technique implementations.
- Experience implementing & maintaining ISO 9001 certification.