Job Description Summary
Role supports Energy Financial Services (EFS) on power project finance transactions. Role involves structuring, drafting, negotiating, reviewing and underwriting development agreements, finance documents and project documents involved in power project finance structures in the Americas. Role will involve exposure to tax equity investments in renewables projects in the US, as well as to hybrid and combined cycle power projects in Canada, US, as well as in developed and developing South America. Role will provide capital markets and regulatory advice, strategic counsel, structuring, negotiation and guidance in relation to sophisticated transactions in the power project finance field.
- Qualified attorney in a US jurisdiction
- 8-13 proven years of experience in relevant areas experience at a law firm with a leading project finance practice, financial services firm or project sponsor
- Power industry experience with particular experience in equity and debt finance documents, as well as project documents such as PPAs, feedstock agreements and EPC agreements, and inter-sponsor agreements such as MOU’s, Joint Development Agreements and Shareholder Agreements.
- Spanish language proficiency would be an advantage
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Confidence and experience in advising business leaders on strategic deal issues
- Ability to cost-effectively manage external counsel
- Ability to manage multiple transaction and portfolio matter within a high-paced environment, and to prioritize conflicting demands from large and diverse client base
- Ability to foster strong professional relationships with customer’s deal team and legal team
- Ability to function independently, collaboratively and effectively as a member of both deal teams and the EFS legal team
- Strong interest in energy transition technologies
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Established ability to influence actions without direct leadership responsibility for teams or processes with a proven ability to build relationships within a matrixed environment (both cross functionally and cross-business)
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes