A highly successful investment management firm with institutional and private clients seeks a Head of Internal Audit. The Head of Internal Audit is responsible for managing the team that independently assesses the firm’s overall control environment and its effectiveness in mitigating current and emerging risks.
What the company is looking for in a successful candidate:
- In-depth knowledge of the investment management industry, with both institutional and private client experience preferred
- About 10 to 15+ years of progressive business, audit, accountancy or other broad relevant experience, preferably including the regulatory environment
- Executive presence and expert in building and maintaining strong open relationships with executive stakeholders, working as a partner
- Advanced understanding of culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control frameworks in leading international organizations
- Ability to quickly comprehend the true risks of complex global issues, escalate to the appropriate level and provide advice on pragmatic commercial solutions
- Thought leader in current investment advisory best practices, innovative new developments and leading the design and delivery of quality risk based forward looking audit plans
- Experience of successfully managing major transformational projects
- Outstanding performer, open-minded, resilient, agile, energetic, self-starter, articulate and empathetic whilst being confident to deliver opinions to bring about positive outcomes
- Proven and progressive business, audit, accountancy or other broad relevant experience, preferably including the market and regulatory environment
- Strong leadership skills including a track record of identifying and developing world class talent. Experienced in leading large dispersed professional teams
- Bachelor’s degree or holder of a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, ACA or CIA).
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com.