BNY Mellon Asset Servicing is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients’ investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It’s part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients’ investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today’s market-enhancing the management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon’s global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
Our growing office in Wroclaw has an exciting opportunity for financial professionals.
Lead Analyst, Fund/Client Accounting, on top of team management responsibilities, has direct responsibility for ensuring that the net asset values (NAVs) of the fund are calculated accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with BNY Mellon standard procedures.
Provision of fund accounting/administration services:
• Ensure the net asset values (NAVs) of the fund are calculated accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with BNY Mellon standard procedures and timetables and that the necessary controls are in place and adhered to in order to provide accurate and timely fund accounting/administration services to our clients, investment managers, transfer agent, stock exchanges etc.
• Understand the process for preparing all valuations under your management. This will include having knowledge of all control procedures in place during the preparation of the NAV and identifying any more effective controls that can be used.
• Monitor the daily/weekly/monthly production schedule to ensure that valuations are completed accurately and within the client deadline.
• Perform the final check and review of valuations produced under your control.
• Manage the tie-out process with the clients on all assigned funds.
• Ensure BNY Mellon and client standard procedures and controls are being adhered to on a daily basis by all staff under your management.
• Communicate new procedures on a fund to all relevant staff.
• Communicate any significant operational issues that arise to Manager.
• Coordination of Supervisors’ work and ensuring that they maintain daily/monthly files in a manner suitable for future review by the fund and internal auditors.
• Take initiative to seek opportunities to enhance either the quality of client services or the productivity the NAV process.
• Plan the resourcing requirements for the funds in consultation with Manager.
• Serve as a role model and mentor to staff, with the goal to developing personnel on a career path. Specific responsibilities include, in conjunction with Manager, the timely completion of probation reviews, setting staff objectives, monitoring staff development against those objectives, serving as a resource to staff and providing adequate training as appropriate.
• Take responsibility for personal development and seek challenges within your role as Lead Analyst- passing on feedback, conducting 1:1
• Serve as the primary dedicated contact for the client on operational and client servicing issues.
• Ensure client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable.
• Manage where appropriate each Supervisor’s client servicing functions and ensuring that the client is satisfied with the service they are receiving.
• Ensure all staff maintain a proactive and professional relationship with key client contacts.
• Keep Manager informed of client issues and their progress, highlighting to management any client concerns/complaints as a matter of urgency.
• Manage the preparation on a timely basis and within the defined timeframes of all of the weekly/monthly reporting including the management information system (MIS), compliance, client and fund manager monthly information and reporting.
Financial accounts/Fund audits:
• Ensure all queries from auditors or fund accounting staff are accurately and fully responded to with minimum delay.
• Perform and document those procedures assigned by Manager ensuring SAS70 requirements are implemented.
Management development course:
• Attend an Assistant Manager development course and other courses as advised by your Group Manager or Manager.
Tone from the Top – Ensure that a strong risk management and governance culture is embedded within the Business Unit by promoting the ‘Three Lines of Defence’ model (by working collaboratively with the Second and Third Lines of Defence to identify risks, conduct root-cause analysis, implement remediation activities and to communicate lessons-learned findings) and by developing and implementing strong risk practices across the Business Unit (including the use of the RCSA as the key management tool to actively manage risk within the Business Unit).
Risk Competence & Knowledge – Understand the key operational risks and the associated controls applicable to the Business Unit and, through oversight, ensure that operating procedures and other directive controls (eg. checklists) are maintained on a regular basis to ensure that they are adequately designed, continue to be an effective risk management tool and are being used as required.
Accountability – Ensure that risk issues (both current and emerging) are escalated promptly to managers, including:
a) Gaps or issues identified within the Business Unit controls;
b) Errors or potential errors/near-misses;
c) Other risk issues (including non-responses to queries, manual process intervention).
– Sound knowledge about financial instruments, financial markets, fund & securities industry – Supervisory experience: i.e. passing on feedback and conducting 1:1 sessions, coordinating the work of others – Excellent communication skills (incl. fluent English) and managerial potential – Several years of experience in a financial setting – Experience in fund accounting would be a strong asset
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon’s Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients’ investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It’s part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients’ investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today’s market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon’s global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: PAS17
Organization: Asset Servicing-HR06026
Requisition Number: 1601174