Are you a problem solver? Do you know how to treat clients? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
- Provide transactional advisory services and analyses in connection with exclusive sales mergers and acquisitions on behalf of clients in global markets.
- Manage and lead day-to-day transactions, executions, negotiations and client liaisons.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business leaders to identify new opportunities for advisory assignments.
- Negotiate engagement letters, confidentiality agreements and other related documents. Supervise the preparation of marketing materials including information memoranda and management presentations for sell-side processes.
- Advise clients on tactical matters. Lead buy- and sell-side due diligence efforts.
- Review and negotiate merger agreements and other Exclusive Sales and M&A related legal documents.
- Oversee complex financial analyses and modeling related to mergers and acquisitions including accretion/dilution analysis, ability-to-pay analysis, leveraged buyout analysis and valuation analyses like discounted cash-flow analysis, comparable companies analysis, precedent transaction analysis, and sum-of-parts analysis.
- Identify potential accounting and tax issues related to mergers and acquisitions. Assess acquisition finance and post-merger/acquisition credit risk, reviewing corporate financial statements and balance sheets.
- Prepare and present board materials as well as private and public fairness opinions.
- Serve as line manager to Associate Directors and Analysts in the ESG / Mergers & Acquisitions team and drive their mid-year and year-end performance review processes.
- Act as staffer to the junior bankers and manage resources in the team across projects and business needs.
- Run point on recruiting efforts for junior bankers, including full-timers and summer interns, prepare presentations to be used at recruiting events and run sell days.
- Oversee the summer internship program and organize mergers and acquisitions-specific training.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will work with the Exclusive Sales M&A Group team located in New York, NY.
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Economics or Finance or a related field, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Economics or Finance or a related field
- Three (3) years of experience in an investment banking position or related occupation with a Master’s degree or six (6) years of experience in an investment banking position or related occupation with a Bachelor’s degree
- Conducted financial research and analysis in support of mergers and acquisitions
- Performed complex financial modeling related to merger or acquisition transactions including analysis of financial statements, accretion/dilution, ability-to-pay, precedent transaction, comparable companies and discounted cash-flow analysis
- Reviewed acquisition finance and post-merger/acquisition credit risk, analyzed corporate financial statements and balance sheets
- Participated in due diligence sessions
- Prepared marketing materials and information memoranda
- Prepared and presented Board materials and fairness opinions