- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of work experience in an internal audit role
- Experience designing/testing/implementing internal controls and reviewing business processes
- CPA/CA/CIA or related experience
- Ability to interact with all levels, set objectives, and create results
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, overseeing the process and delivering on commitments
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders
About the job
Internal Audit‘s mission is to protect and enable growth across Alphabet, Google and our Bets with objective, practical insights. We do this by monitoring the risk environment across Alphabet and providing insights to enable effective risk management. We work closely with teams and leadership to achieve a strong control environment that enhances and protects organizational value. We serve as one of the company’s various lines of defense for staffing and developing our team to be control experts who deliver objective and reliable results. As a member of the team, you’ll advise the business and engineering groups to identify areas of risk and make valuable recommendations on controls. You’ll have the opportunity to influence change and decisions for business initiatives including product launches and system implementations. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment, are passionate about technology and are able to focus on key issues and the details that come with it.
As a Business Process Auditor, you will work closely with leaders and stakeholders across Google product and service areas to achieve an excellent control environment that enhances and protects organizational value. You will design and execute risk-based financial, operational, and compliance audit programs to address relevant risk across Alphabet and Google and scale programs when possible.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Identify financial, operational, and compliance risks through assurance, consulting, and solutions management activity. Improve the effectiveness of Alphabet’s governance, risk management, and internal control activities.
- Prepare audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings, and recommendations. Interpret the significance of audit findings, draw conclusions from findings, and make practical recommendations for remediation.
- Assess new processes or changes to existing processes to identify financial or operational risks before launch.
- Communicate with and educate process owners (including non-finance individuals) on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of the team.