A HealthCare startup seeks a Compliance professional with banking compliance experience. The company offers a revolutionary credit card to supplement company-sponsored insurance coverage.
The Compliance expert should have experience with credit card rules and regulations, Fair Lending, UDAAP, Privacy and related matters.
The position reports directly to the Chief Compliance Officer and top executives.
This is a great opportunity to fast track your career.
- Work collaboratively with the company’s originations bank partner (the HealthCare startup has a third party relationship with a top bank).
- Onboard new product and building and/or maintaining a quality Compliance Management System that follows regulatory guidelines and Lender standards. Primarily GLBA, Truth in Lending Act,Card Act, UDAAP, Fair Lending, and Privacy related laws and regulations.
- Execute the Company’s 2nd line CMS (Risk Assessment, Monitoring & Testing, Issue Management, Complaints, etc.)
- Hire and train new compliance personnel, as needed.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk
- Report to Executive Management and inform support teams of key developments related to regulatory compliance and determine the impact of those developments to the Company/Lender.
- Ensure that existing and proposed business practices, policies, procedures, loan pricing, origination software systems, marketing materials, customer correspondence, documents and disclosures comply with federal and state regulations
- Stay abreast of all federal and state regulatory changes related to applicable privacy, security, and consumer lending and ensure those changes are communicated to and addressed by the Company.
- Assist in the refinement and execution of compliance monitoring programs to test the compliance controls and procedures of the Company
- Notifying Senior Management and leadership personnel of emerging compliance issues. Consult and provide guidance in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks.
- Stay abreast of relevant federal and state regulatory changes related to the Bank Secrecy Act, consumer lending and privacy.
- Actively participate in key strategic initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Lender periodically perform site visit reviews and facilitate reviews/audits from 3rd party firms.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of regulatory compliance experience
- Direct experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired
- Strong knowledge of AML/BSA guidelines and requirements
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state lending laws
- Experience with revolving credit products is desired
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret legal and statutory materials as well as state and federal regulations
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to interface effectively and build relationships with Strategic Partner counterparts and other departments internally
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, take ownership of projects and successfully meet established project deadline requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills, presentation skills
Please send resumes to Jack Kelly at JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com