A leading U.S. based publicly traded global life insurance and diversified financial services corporation is committed to helping customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services including life insurance, annuities, investments and retirement-related services.
The continued focus on and growth of the Global Privacy Program is a key strategic priority for the corporation. The client is seeking a Director of Privacy Program Management to assist with the Global Privacy Program. This position reports directly to firm’s Global Chief Privacy Officer. The Global Privacy Office sits within the Law, Com-pliance and Business Ethics organization.
The Director, Privacy Program Management is a key member of the Global Privacy Of-fice and is engaged in the implementation and maintenance of the privacy program. The Director will be a key driver of privacy strategy with responsibility for the management and execution of significant initiatives that help to ensure or improve the effectiveness of the Global Privacy Program.
This role represents the global oversight function (second line of defense) for the Global Privacy Office, which reports into the Compliance function.
- Maintains and evolves the Global Privacy framework through management of significant key initiatives in close collaboration with senior Privacy Pro-gram partners
- Assists in the implementation and understanding of privacy policies, pro-cesses and monitoring of program compliance
- Manages strategic deliverables within the Global Privacy Office, defining and communicating milestones and success criteria to key stakeholders, re-source allocation and successful on-time delivery
- Assists in development of training course content designed to enhance awareness and comprehension of data privacy, laws and topics
- Prepares management reporting on Program strategic initiatives for Pro-ject, Compliance and Risk Management meetings
- Participates in audit and regulatory inquiries to represent the Global Pri-vacy Program
- Engages in industry and related forums to collaborate on opportunities to enhance the privacy program
- Collaborates directly with directly with all key stakeholders and affected business functions
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of privacy experience. Background in the Financial Services industries preferred. The successful candidate may come from another control discipline (compliance, legal, regulatory, audit, information security or risk). The successful candidate will have strong project manage-ment experience supporting cross functional projects with an ability to execute and deliver on strategic initiatives.
Additional specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, and JD, MBA or ad-vanced degree preferred
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and collaborate with individ-uals across businesses and control functions
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage time
- Ability to balance operating independently with appropriate escalation with senior leadership
- Creativity, flexible and positive mindset, and ability to support a change management culture
- Continuous improvement and global business mindset
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification desired.
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at email@example.com