Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential. Our values include being empowered (take initiative – don’t wait around for someone to tell you what to do), empirical (explore and iterate, relying on observation and experience), transparent (be helpful, straightforward and honest with customers and coworkers), and fearless (take bold risks and commit to a solutions-oriented approach).
Already experiencing double-digit revenue growth, there is an enormous opportunity to further accelerate performance, scaling our consumer-facing network by bringing new, best-in-class solutions to partners in untapped greenfield sectors. To do so, we’re building a Business Development team of the best and brightest who are entrepreneurial, accomplished, and highly self-motivated. The ideal candidate will have proven success understanding partner needs, then crafting, positioning and customizing solutions, and finally negotiating and closing deals. You must be proactive, driven and resilient through long sales cycles, an excellent communicator with executive presence, and comfortable working both independently to source and advance new partners, as well as part of a team to ensure long-term success for your accounts. You will profile and develop relationships with senior-level decision makers to structure and execute new partnerships that address customer needs while generating revenue for Even Financial and your partners.
- Identify, negotiate, and close new partnership opportunities across a range of greenfield consumer-facing sectors
- Utilize a consultative approach to evaluate new business opportunities, deal-sizing, analyze competitors, recommend strategies, and lead proposal/face-to-face negotiations to win new business
- Maintain a strong cadence of networking, contacting and engaging prospects via warm intros as well as cold outreach, effectively communicating Even’s value proposition
- Follow through with all aspects of the sales cycle – from initial prospecting, managing internal communication, reviewing deal terms, to contract execution
- Consistently deliver superior customer service to partners, and be seen as a trusted thought partner
- Provide timely guidance and forecasting to leadership on all pipeline sales opportunities
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations, reports and pricing proposals
- Attend industry trade shows and visit clients in order to uncover opportunities and strengthen relationships
- 5+ years of business development or closely related experience, ideally in fintech, payments partnerships, co-brand card acquisition, adtech or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a sales pipeline with a track record of exceeding revenue goals
- Consultative approach to selling, with an ability to understand a partner’s needs and develop solutions
- Experience negotiating contract terms and closing deals
- High-degree of professional presence
- Tech savvy with ability to be conversant in how our technology can be integrated both for user experience, and high-level data flows
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, driven, and passionate about partner relationships
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce or similar applications
- Established industry relationships and experience working with executive level business and marketing leaders a plus