Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid Motors is seeking a highly qualified attorney to join the Real Estate and Construction Legal team as Counsel or Senior Counsel, depending on experience. This person will report to the Managing Counsel for Real Estate and Construction and will support Lucid Motors’ real estate, construction, and other business teams on a broad spectrum of real-estate related legal issues related to the expansion of the company throughout North America. The attorney will collaborate with other members of the real estate and construction legal team and the overall legal department to support the growth of the company.
- Manage and resolve various legal matters that are presented to the Real Estate and Construction Legal team.
- Review and negotiate letters of intent, leases, lease amendments, and lease renewals.
- Work with development and operations teams to resolve leasing conflicts.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding local zoning and ordinance issues, and related permits.
- Support legal needs of construction, retail development and other business teams.
- Address site development related legal topics including but not limited to surveys, title reports, property condition reports, and environmental property assessments.
- Respond promptly to internal department requests, summarizing and communicating legal risks while allowing a balance of risk that conforms to the company’s business objectives.
- Collaborate with members of the legal team to complete legal projects and initiatives that may or may not be related the Counsel/Senior Counsel role.
- Five or more years of experience in legal practice with in-house experience and/or private practice specifically related to real estate, construction, and lease transactions.
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate law, zoning law and other related retail laws, regulations and procedures, as well as industry trends and new laws that will impact the company.
- Experience working with municipalities, utilities, and various regulatory agencies on zoning, compliance and permitting.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under strict deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to form strong working relationship with employees and partners while maintaining firm adherence to legal standards.
- Sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and decision-making.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving business and legal environment.
- Flexibility and interest in working on an array of legal matters in order to understand and advise the company on legal implications of its business strategy.
- Law degree (J.D.) from ABA accredited institution.
- Licensed to practice law in California.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity – we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.