The Riot Legal Team has the responsibility to constantly provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot’s company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what’s “best for us” always begins with thinking about what’s “best for players.” Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners is always done with our players’ interests in mind.
As Counsel (Employment), reporting to the Associate General Counsel, you’ll support the employment law team on all areas of employment law, from litigation support to advice and counsel for the business. You’ll help the team keep its finger on the pulse of the changing legal landscape, and help Riot navigate any potential landmines across many of Riot’s jurisdictions.
- Provide support to all aspects of employment-related litigation, including gathering documents, helping with witness, drafting litigations holds, and general discovery assistance.
- Help implement and support a new litigation hold dashboard, eDiscovery process, and document management system for attorney work product (for all litigations, not just employment). This would include helping draft policies and best practices for IT to encourage on/off-boarding of tech.
- Partner with Payroll/Finance, Benefits, and Compliance on multiple wage and hour issues, leaves and ADA questions, and other employment-related questions.
- Help with Riot’s annual DFEH/EEO report process, and OHSA and other compliance measures.
- Help with Riot’s COVID response, remote work, and business continuity plans.
- Provide general support to Riot’s employment law team on multiple matters related to company policies, company trainings, recruiting practices, compensation practices, contingent workforce, and other employee relations matters.
- Contribute as a generalist on non-employment related legal matters, including commercial agreements and tech transactions, and other non-employment related litigation.
- J.D. from a U.S. law school and member of the California bar.
- 3 years of experience working on employment litigation and counseling matters at a premier law firm or employment practice. Experience handling cases a requirement.
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, collaborative spirit and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).