Bridge Investment Group is a leading privately-held real estate investment and property management firm with over $20 billion in assets under management. Bridge pursues investment opportunities in targeted real estate sectors that offer attractive returns including current income and capital appreciation. Its real estate activities encompass the acquisition, financing, property management, optimization and disposition of real assets and CRE-backed fixed income securities. The company operates in five targeted verticals: multifamily/affordable housing, office, seniors housing, opportunity zone investments and CRE-backed fixed income. We have specialized investment teams focused on each of these areas to generate above-market returns for its investors.
Bridge is well-regarded for its high integrity and collaborative leadership culture that rewards both individual thinking and team decision making. Our leadership are seasoned professionals who bring their vast experience and high standards of excellence to their work.
Given our horizontal scope and vertical integration, Bridge professionals are empowered to work across functional teams. As a result, they are deeply specialized and highly versatile with a clear understanding of how their roles fit into a broader context.
Our leaders value career development and take seriously the role they play in developing next-generation leaders. Bridge professionals embody accountability and seek to deliver high-quality results through creativity and innovation. We cultivate a diverse and inclusive culture of disciplined analysis and action; we believe that diversity is the only path to superior performance.
The Attorney will assist across all legal matters for the firm’s global operations and transactions, including fund formation, capital raising, securities regulation compliance, fund investment transactions and general company legal matters. Bridge will provide relocation assistance for out-of-state candidates.
Essential Functions of the Corporate Counsel
- Under direction of the General Counsel, oversee legal matters for the global business, including advising and negotiating on corporate transactional matters, supervising outside counsel and overseeing the structuring of investment programs (including negotiations with investors and clients, labor & employment, regulatory, litigation, corporate governance, RIA and fund-level compliance and risk management matters)
- Work directly with senior management and leaders of dedicated teams to provide advice on the implementation of strategic and tactical business plans and objectives
- Develop and implement best practices and process improvements, coordinate between business units and oversee operations
- Conduct legal planning, work with outside counsel and monitor transactional execution at the fund level
- Coordinate and assist on regulatory and compliance issues
- Manage entity maintenance and corporate governance for the firm and its affiliated entities
- Work with, and supervise designated work of, department paralegals, transaction managers and assistants
- Follow Bridge policies and procedures and comply with Fair Housing, state and federal laws
- Regular, on-time attendance
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
Position Qualifications of the Corporate Counsel
- Top academic credentials and “Big Law” law firm training (3-5 years) required
- Experience in an in-house legal environment also valued, but not required
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and structuring applicable to the real estate investment management business and promotion of investment products is a plus
- Experience working with top/sophisticated fund managers or their clients is a plus
- Experience with public and private securities offerings, mergers & acquisitions, and/or securitizations is a plus
- Experience with real estate acquisitions, dispositions, development, financing, joint ventures, title and survey is a plus
- Proven ability to work cross-culturally and bridge cultural barriers and communicate effectively at both local and global levels
- Practical-minded business attorney who is a team player, enthusiastic, energetic, proactive, responsive and service-driven
- Must be able to build strong personal relationships with management, have a can-do attitude and be able to work to short deadlines when required
- Ability to represent company in a professional manner