A highly regarded Investment Management firm seeks a Compliance Manager, with at least 7 years of experience, to join their compliance and legal team. The ideal candidate will be an intelligent, energetic and goal-oriented, conceptual thinker with the ability to quickly assess a situation and exercise sound business judgment.
While it is expected that the Compliance Manager will have two or more direct reports, this role requires significant hands-on involvement.
Subadviser Monitoring, Review and Oversight
- Substantively review the subadvisers’ policy/procedure submissions, Form ADV updates and third-party internal control reports, flagging issues for broader group attention when appropriate
- Perform review of monthly, quarterly and annual subadviser materials
- Participate in subadviser due diligence visits as requested and prepare compliance reports of those visits
General Compliance Matters
- Support the CCO annual reviews and updating of policies and procedures
- Draft and implement new policies and procedures as requested
- Support the CCO in the review/investigation of compliance incidents
- Lead implementation of new compliance initiatives
- Monitor for rule changes and determine impact to the firm.
- Oversight of foreign ownership monitoring
Mutual Fund Administration
- Participate in the preparation and production of the materials for the firm’s shareholder reports (Annual, Semi-Annual), including any future filing requirements. This will involve significant hands-on work in preparing and updating documents
- Perform a substantive review of the overall shareholder reports
- Assist with the drafting, maintaining, and filing of the registration statements (Form N-1A) for the firm. This will involve significant hands-on work in preparing and updating documents in content management system.
- Assist with the drafting and filing of Prospectus/SAI supplements.
- Prepare and file Form N-CEN.
- Develop and oversee the annual forensic testing program
- Develop and perform forensic testing of various compliance related functions
- Strong academic credentials. Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- Seven or more years of experience as a compliance professional or 1940 Act mutual fund paralegal (or similar position) in a financial services firm or law firm. Experience in a manager-of-managers structure is a plus.
- Committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Prior experience in the mutual fund industry and strong knowledge of the regulations that govern its activities, including the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal; must be able to interact with senior business professionals and address issues in a thoughtful and timely manner
- Prior experience in leading and providing mentorship to junior business professionals in a thoughtful and consistent manner
- Independent, self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to follow through and complete tasks in a team environment
- Ability to work individually and with other team members under pressure and prioritize competing tasks that require the highest level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Responsible for coordinating, and in certain cases managing, complex projects with multiple internal and external parties; therefore, candidate must demonstrate a cooperative attitude and exceptional interpersonal and consensus building skills
- Responsible for managing diverse and complex projects according to timelines that the candidate will create and monitor; therefore, strong project and time management skills are a must
- Demonstrates drive for continuous improvement and pursuit of challenging goals
Interested or know someone that might be? Send resumes to Heather@ComplianceSearch.com