An international FinTech company seeks a Compliance Chief of Staff (CCoS). The company occupies a unique space in the banking sector. The CCoS will be the go-to person for an array of important compliance, regulatory and business matters.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Identification, assessment and assistance with the timely completion of the a variety of Compliance related tasks including allocation of tasks, follow up on items in flight, planning for contingencies, and out facing activities of the Compliance function.
- Tracking of all Compliance commitments and deliverables and ensuring both the quality and the timeliness of such commitments.
- Support of the Compliance team in the preparation of presentations and papers
- Management of ad-hoc projects as required to support Compliance.
- Acts as a point of contact or gatekeeper between top management and other stakeholders
- Assist in driving efficiencies across key business units, quickly and objectively diagnose challenges, anticipate outcomes, and propose innovative solutions.
- Assists in execution of strategic planning, in conjunction with senior management, to support broad functional objectives
- Provides oversight and guidance to projects of high importance
- Organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the executive to facilitate efficient decision making
- Leverage relationships to influence business and partner groups on strategic and relevant issues and topics
- University/ B.A. or B.S. degree
Experience required (Sector knowledge, specific work/projects, product knowledge)
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a financial institution/law-firm, etc. as a professional in business/ project management or in Compliance or as a paralegal.
- Experience in and/or ability to work effectively with staff representing all disciplines within the firm in order to achieve results.
- Ability to operate in an independent manner without close supervision is essential as is ability to call out challenges and solutions .
- Understanding of priorities and adherence to deadlines.
- Have highest quality professional presentation skills, including excellent writing and public speaking capabilities; ability to project a professional demeanor at all times.
- Superior proficiency in standard PC programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work constructively and flexibly in a small team environment, and to assist at the direction of the Compliance leadership in the execution, tracking and management of a variety of tasks.
- Strong organizational with project management skills
Key performance measures
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Self-starter focused on results
- High energy team player
- Very personable
- High level of confidentiality
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com