At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We’re seeking a Compliance & Inspections Program Manager who will support Amazon’s growth initiatives through the legal hiring of other customer-obsessed employees who meet their country’s specific government regulations. This data driven role will lead a team and partner with Regional Program, Risk and Compliance, Legal, and System Management stakeholders throughout the organization to identify risks in worker eligibility processes and find creative solutions at scale.
Our new team member will be adept at testing controls through extensive data analysis, identifying process gaps, and recommending solutions for risk avoidance to senior business leaders. To be successful in this role, they will demonstrate the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and have a consistent track record of delivering results. They will use their learn-and-be-curious nature to understand shifting legal nuances while establishing a standardized global approach to auditing employee records and documentation. Leveraging new and existing automated solutions, the Program Manager will oversee a team of internal auditors who review high-volumes of records across geographies and varying collection processes. As a people leader, they will be committed to developing their team members’ awareness of the business and risks, ability to spot macro and micro trends, ownership of reporting key metrics, and responsibility in completing individual and group projects.
· Build cross-functional partnerships throughout global geographies with Work Authorization Regional Managers, HR Risk and Compliance, Legal, and other business groups to further Amazon’s compliance and growth initiatives
· Design, implement, and oversee auditing mechanisms that properly assess the health of the business for ongoing or project specific use. Ensure strategic alignment of initiatives with organizational goals
· Enhance reporting mechanisms of key findings and the pulse of operations for a broad audience of global leaders and service execution stakeholders
· Identify end-to-end process gaps in the work authorization process that open Amazon up to risk and liability
· Wield a forward-looking perspective on global work authorization trends to help operations pivot compliance needs at a moment’s notice
· Facilitate oversight of unannounced regulatory inspections requiring immediate action to respond, collect requested documentation and team artifacts, and subsequent remediation activities
· Manage change initiatives by working closely with learning and development partners; utilize audit findings to validate initiative success or propose a change in direction
· Lead and develop a high performance team
· Bring innovative ideas to tackle challenges not yet identified
· 3+ years experience in program or project management
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· 4+ years of HR or related experience.
· 5+ years of relevant program and project management experience, especially related to the implementation global business solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or related field.
· Experience developing, improving and implementing processes and providing support for core HR solutions in global, large-scale, complex environments.
· Microsoft Visio and Project
· Ability to travel 10% (when safe to do so)
· MBA or advanced degree
· Experience in business operations, developing reporting (monthly business reviews, etc.)
· Experience working with risk/compliance management, controls design/testing, quality auditing
· Six Sigma Black Belt certification
· HR, Risk and Compliance, Auditing or similar experience
· Business/Data Analyst Experience
· Project Management Professional or similar project management certification
· Experience with HR processes and systems related to the employee lifecycle
· Proficiency in MS Excel, SQL, Quicksight, or other data reporting tools
· Experience working with right to work, work authorization or immigration programs
· Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures across geographically distributed teams