A well established Federal Credit Union offering Community and Small Business Banking and Lending products and services is seeking a Chief Risk Management Officer; responsible for the oversight and management of Compliance, Audit, Vendor and Enterprise Risk. The role also requires a JD and activeBar Membership, as the responsibilities will also cover related legal, regulatory other related issues.
As a senior level executive, this team member works with the executive team and Board of Directors to develop and define the strategic vision of the Credit Union. This position is responsible for creating the strategic direction and coordinating the execution of the strategic objectives from a risk management and compliance management point of view. Under the general supervision, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, the CRMO manages Enterprise Risk Management, Vendor Management, Audit, and Compliance functions for the credit union.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with senior managers, department directors/managers, and team members to develop the strategic goals of the Credit Union, especially in the areas of Enterprise Risk Management, Vendor Management, Audit, and Compliance.
- Participate with senior management in the establishment or revision of internal control procedures to ensure that adequate protection is maintained in the areas of regulatory compliance and data privacy as it applies to the various products and services.
- Develops and administers the Enterprise Risk Management function working with the vendor partner and staff to effectively assess and evaluate the risks, risk tolerances and risk mitigations throughout the credit union. Responsible for the design and execution of the credit union’s risk management program and related policies, ensuring that the credit union’s operations are conducted in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides management oversight of the Vendor Management function within the credit union, working with our vendor partner and business owners in the evaluation, monitoring and maintenance for all vendors of the credit union. Works with the department heads, executive team and vendors to solidify terms in all vendor contracts.
- Provides oversight responsibility and serves as liaison for the audit function (internal and external) for the credit union. In this role, works with the Executive Management team and the Supervisory Committee in reporting audit results / reports, and ongoing monitoring of audit findings.
- Responsible for oversight and guidance to the credit union in matters related to compliance. Leads the regulatory oversight and compliance function across all risk areas of the organization.
- Drives a culture of compliance throughout various business lines, develops and implements organizational policies and procedures intended to prevent unethical and illegal conduct, and monitors and reviews activities of business and support units to ensure compliance with internal policies and external laws and regulations.
- Manages and evaluates the job performance of subordinate staff. Trains, coaches, counsels, and disciplines direct reports; communicates job expectations; monitors, appraises, and reviews job contributions; enforces policies and procedures. Assigns specific tasks and projects and establishes departmental goals consistent with overall Credit Union strategic objectives. Exercises authority with respect to promotions, transfers, performance appraisals, salary increases and disciplinary actions.
- Assists in development of, and ensures compliance with, the Risk Management department’s annual budget.
- Complies with all applicable Rules, Regulations and Statutes of the NCUA and other appropriate governing bodies to include but not limited to: the Credit Union Bylaws, Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Housing Act, Fair Lending Act, and Fair Credit Reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required. Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree required. CRCM, NCCO, or CUCE certification is preferred
Fifteen (15) year’s progressively responsible experience in the areas of compliance, risk management, and vendor management in a financial institution.
Ability to understand a broad range of financial service operations. Proven experience working with regulators. Proficiency with PC applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint required. Strong organizational skills required. Must possess strong collaboration, negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Dynamic public speaking and presentation skills required. Ability to work professionally with a variety of staff, management, members and vendors.
Five (5) year’s managerial experience required.
Michael Tuller / 212-997-3169 / email@example.com