Visit WeCruiter.jobs to search through millions of job listings from thousands of top companies.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Company is seeking an experienced Assistant General Counsel (AGC) to support the Americas and Global Trade Compliance. The AGC will be a leader of the Company responsible for implementing compliance strategy, managing and developing a team of compliance professionals, and partnering with business teams to ensure compliance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations primarily in the Americas. The role will report to the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and will interface directly with leadership across product, business and functional teams, working closely with key, cross-functional stakeholders to develop and oversee a robust global compliance program.
- Be a strategic leader and function-builder who can operationalize and manage a world-class global compliance function appropriate for The Walt Disney Company’s size and complexity.
- Oversee the Company’s compliance program throughout its North and South America businesses and assist the CCO with the growth and enhancement of the global compliance program.
- Strategic thought partner to the CCO, regional compliance peers, and international legal and business executives to develop risk-based compliance strategies to support evolving global business development plans.
- Develop corporate compliance initiatives to keep pace with developments of law, regulations, and corporate policy.
- Monitor performance of the compliance program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Build partnerships with business and functional stakeholders to ensure alignment between compliance and business strategies.
- Conduct and support investigations of reported compliance related issues and partner with teams, including HR and internal audit, to ensure that reported concerns are promptly and thoroughly investigated, and where appropriate, implement suitable corrective and remedial actions.
- Provide advice on and interpretation of the Company’s Code of Conduct, compliance policies, relevant law and regulations, and industry codes.
- Perform anti-corruption and trade compliance risk assessments.
- Assist in assessing risk and developing the annual audit plan.
- Identify, propose, and implement appropriate technology solutions and compliance assurance systems to facilitate compliance with current and anticipated laws and regulations, including identifying and ensuring the quality of data and analytical methods needed to fulfill compliance oversight requirements.
- Oversee a team of compliance attorneys, paralegals, and other professionals.
- Inspire and mentor accomplished and developing professionals to strive for higher levels of achievement.
- Manage a diverse staff of attorneys, para-professionals, technologists, and other professional staff. Inspire and mentor accomplished and developing professionals to strive for higher levels of achievement.
- 15+ years of proven compliance/risk controls experience concerning global ethics, anti-corruption, and trade laws and regulations.
- Organization skills and experience setting priorities, problem-solving, multi-tasking, analytical experience, a self-starter who works well independently and in a team in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace.
- 10+ years of experience with multi-national media/entertainment/retail companies
- Experience at DOJ, Fraud Section
- Fluent Spanish and Portuguese
- JD or equivalent
- Admitted or eligible for admission to practice in California