What is the opportunity?
At RBC, AI and machine learning are powering the next generation of electronic trading solutions for our clients. AI Engineers on our Toronto trading floor are at the centre of this effort, applying cutting-edge methods utilizing the latest hardware to process torrents of high-frequency transaction data. Working collaboratively within global, cross-functional teams of traders, developers, and relationship managers, your technical skills, creativity, and entrepreneurial mindset will enable you to see things differently and drive initiatives to deliver value and insights for the world’s largest money managers. Get ready for a PEY experience like no other.
The nature of finance is changing, and RBC Capital Markets is looking to recruit the next generation of AI engineers to build cutting edge electronic trading algorithms.
Joining the Global Markets AI Lab as an AI Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge machine learning research, build systems to support a first of its kind AI-based trading algorithm, and lead projects that have real-world and significant impact for the firm.
What will you do?
- Apply unconvetional and innovative machine learning techniques to solve cutting edge trading problems
- Use your critical thinking and problem solving skills to improve the performance of reinforcement learning algortims that trade millions of shares daily
- Develop key support systems to help train, and explain the actions of our reinforcement learning algorithms
- Collaborate with traders and subject matter experts across the trade floor
- Be challenged to think critically within a collaborative team working on Canada’s largest trade floor
What do you need to succeed?
- An interest in Canadian/US Equity markets
- Solid background in mathematics, statistics and software development
- Machine learning experience (reinforcement learning experience a plus)
- Programming experience in statistical modeling languages (Python preferred)
- Maturity to independently carry out research projects
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Experience in finance is not required
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team