You will have the unique, once-in-a-career opportunity to help tailor the company’s Anti-Money Laundering program for the U.S. from the firm’s New York office (or remotely). This is a rare chance to build something special—and it may not be for everyone. If you’re excited about being part of a rapid-growth opportunity, then this role is for you! Your new Chief Compliance Officer leader is an awesome person. I can personally vouch for her.
What Interesting, Cool Things You’ll Be Doing
- Design, develop and deliver a best-in-class Anti-Money Laundering program.
- Help create policies and procedures.
- Involved with the oversight of on-boarding, KYC, BSA, OFAC, FCPA and financial crimes.
- Offer advice and guidance regarding activities and to business partners and executives.
- Watch over trading activities.
- Investigate matters when needed.
- Interact with regulators.
- Help conduct reviews, surveillance and examinations.
- Enjoy your work.
- Take pride in building something.
The Experience The Company Would Like To See In A Candidate
- Prior Anti-Money Laundering experience
- Having worked at FinTech company is super helpful
- Experience at a bank, regulator, brokerage firm, investment bank or financial services firm is good too
- The more diversified skills in AML you have, the better, since it’s a small startup group at this point in time
- Possessing an entrepreneurial mindset toward compliance would be a pleasure, as this is a fast-growing company
- Solid understanding of financial crime, regulatory and reputational risk
- Strong communication skills, as you’ll interface with international counterparts
- The ability to both effectively collaborate with top executives and roll up your sleeves to do some of the annoying, boring daily activities
- Confidence in being a decision maker
- Strong understanding of risk—not just related to financial crime risk, but the ability to recognize other risks from a client, employee, third party, process or transaction may adversely impact the firm
- A nice smart person who has their act together and is easy to get along with (I get this is a tough ask)
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com